I wasn’t planning on scribbling out a post this afternoon. You see, I have this little photo project I’m working on and I’m trying to get it done as a Christmas gift for some family members. But it’s such a … Continue reading
Finally! My new whip attachment for my KitchenAid mixer just arrived and now I can make the ethereal-looking topping for this scrumptious cake. I’m assuming it’s scrumptious, that is. If you make it before I do, let me know how … Continue reading
I don’t know if you’re done with your Christmas shopping but I’m not. I’d love to give one of the little girls in my life a doll like this. They’re handmade. While custom orders are no longer being accepted for … Continue reading
It’s Sunday. The best day of the week. Around here we relish this day because, for most of us, it’s the day before the routine starts back up. There’s a quietness about fall leading into winter that I love. Especially … Continue reading
I realize I’m skipping over Thanksgiving entirely and heading straight for Christmas, but this year I’m excited to try a fun craft with my kids. I owe this one to my very creative mom. One year for my younger sister’s … Continue reading
1. You allow others to watch you go to the bathroom, without considering it voyeurism.
2. Productivity consists of being able to locate all 10 miniature fish and 4 equally miniature fishing poles that belong to the miniature wind-up fishing game. (Bonus: you get to feel like a giant)
3. Terror comes in the form of your youngest child, who managed to distribute chocolate over most of her body that was licked from just one cookie, running toward your bedroom, which happens to be the only room in the house where everything thing is white.
4. A person only a fraction of your age has the ability to coerce you by incessant whining into giving them a cookie before breakfast.
5. Panic is defined by not being able to obtain the “hottest toy of 2013″ for Christmas.
6. Panicking again when you think you hear your kid’s bedroom door open as you try to not crinkle the wrapping paper too loudly while wrapping their gifts the night before Christmas, and as your bleary-eyed spouse drowns in a sea of legos that will eventually assemble into a cargo train. Hopefully.
7. Holding your breath when the kids come to the dinner table as you wait to see if they’ll eat what you made.
8. Your spouse offering them cereal to keep the peace (as you clench your jaw in frustration) because broccoli is suddenly on the “gross” list.
9. After the kids are in bed, you open the freezer painstakingly slowly so they don’t hear you foraging for the last of the Talenti Sea Salt Caramel gelato.
10. You’re happiness for the day rests on the mood of your least happy child.
“She’s smokin’ hot,” my husband said one night, as we talked about some new bimbo on a TV series. While that may sound like something a surfer dude, hipster or hormonal tween might say as a girl walks by in … Continue reading
What is my problem? Every time I sit down to chat with you guys the words seem flat. You know I like to amuse you. Maybe even get you to chuckle. But lately, I can’t find my mojo. Balls. Now … Continue reading
I know. My posts haven’t been plentiful lately. Another busy week and now that the weekend is here, it’s my husband’s birthday. It’s a weekend to bake a cake and celebrate the guy who still gives me butterflies.
For a quick laugh check out this funny list only a mom could love. (Thanks for the link Trisha!) And this one that might make you cry (in a good way). I had a lump in my throat after the first minute of the video.
Hope you’re having a delicious, relaxing weekend.
This is a quick one. I found this post on Facebook and had to share it since things around here have been…uhem…parentally challenging lately. I’m not sure why but our kids have been dialing up the sibling rivalry and there … Continue reading