We have one bathroom in our house.
My kids have a brutal and uncanny ability to summon the urge to use the bathroom at the same moment that I’m in there doing my thing.
What I was doing in the bathroom yesterday is not really the point of the story. The point is that I get absolutely NO privacy.
There is no place on Earth I can successfully hide from my kids. They’re like cheetahs. In fact, they may be half cheetah.
I can prove it…
- Cheetahs hunt for their prey during the day. Moi, being said prey.
- They’re extremely fast but tire quickly.
- They enjoy peeing on everything.
- They can spot prey from 5km away. Thus why I have trouble hiding.
- Cheetahs can’t climb trees. Irrelevant, since we live by the beach and there aren’t many trees anyhow.
- They don’t roar, but rather yelp, bark and/or chirp. Reason enough why I’ve probably suffered hearing damage since becoming a parent.
I’m heading to the grocery store in search of a gazelle. Maybe that’ll keep the little ones busy for a while. Wish me luck.